Tips to Help Avoid a Heart Attack
Posted by: admin
Simply put, life is just stressful. Stress has a tremendously negative effect on the body. It can start out as anxiety, lead to high blood pressure, even heart palpitations and chest pains. When you reach the level of seeing red sometimes it can be tricky to distinguish “just stress “from an actual heart attack event.
The best way to deal with this is not to allow it to happen in the first place.
- I know it’s easier said than done, by try to keep stress to a minimum.
- Exercise regularly. Your heart is a muscle. The stronger it is, the more easily it can work and deal with stress be it physical or emotional.
- If you smoke, quit.
- Watch your cholesterol and get it checked regularly.
- Monitor your blood pressure. If it’s too high, talk with your doctor about options. High Blood Pressure left unregulated can wear out the heart and valves.
- Eat lots of grains and fruits and make sure you get your omega-3’s in daily. Avoid trans fats.
- Talk to your friends. Keeping things bottled up inside is akin to a tea kettle boiling. If you just leave it sitting on the stove eventually it will not only let out a screaming whistle it may actually pop the top and explode. Venting is healthy for your mind, soul, and body.
- Keep track of your blood sugar. Too much sugar can damage arteries.
If you feel chest pressure, achiness, pain, heart palpitations or other uncomfortable sensations or just sense that something may be wrong, never ignore it and just hope it will go away. Visit Tampa Cardiovascular Associates. Worrying about your health and the unknown can also cause undue amounts of stress when one visit and a checkup could very well put your fears to rest.
If you are in the Tampa, Florida area we invite you to give us a call today 813-975-2800 or visit www.tampacardio.com. Our expert staff can help you get a clear picture of what is going on with your heart and your health and set you on the course to the best possible stress-free mindset and healthy body possible.
Posted by: admin